Suite Totora More Information:
Theme: Richness of Ecuador
Do not feel rare because of your desire of start eating the head of your King size bed, the blinds, the lamp or the carpet of your 21m2 Suite. You are just following your instincts, because the tender buds of totora can bee eaten as vegetables with high contents of iodine, and fresh leaves are used for cooking.
From the balcony of your Suite, you can start dreaming you are in the Ecuadorian Andes and are watching indigenous people stuffing mattresses with dried leaves of totora, or weaving dried leaves to make tablecloths or, at your left, someone else is constructing a boat to fish on the lake, while another is nourishing cattle during period of drought.
Yes, you are in the middle of a Suite which elements are of great economic and cultural importance to the people of the mountains.
The people of Otavalo in the Imbabura Province use the stems of the totora to weave highly decorative mats that are sold countrywide. Some are exported to the neighboring countries of Colombia and Peru, and even as far as the United States and Europe.
* Astringent to control diarrhea.
* To fight fever.
* To make mats, chairs, furniture, purses, baskets, hats, etc.
* In houses and boats.
* For the manufacture of walls and ceilings for sheds, ranches, and terraces.
* Food for cattle.
* Dark reddish-coloured furniture with the
beige colours of the totora reed.
* Chairs and pouffé made with totora reeds.
* Totora reeds integrated into the bedhead.
* IDD telephone line.
* Wi-fi Internet.
* 32" flat screen plasma T.V with cable.
* Digital safe deposit box.
* Mini bar.
* Bathroom with shower and separate bathhub.
* Located on the patio side.
* Balcony with view of the majestic mountains
|HISTORY OF ECUADOR:||Suite Inca, Suite Colonial, Suite Hacienda.|
|REGIONS OF ECUADOR:||Suite Coco, Suite Amazonas, Suite Vega, Suite Andes.|
|RICHNESS OF ECUADOR:||Suite Bambú, Suite Pop, Suite Totora, Suite Metal, Suite Cerámica, Suite Cuero, Suite Vidrio, Suite Mimbre, Suite Etnos.|
Copyright © 2013 Anahi Boutique Hotel All Rights Reserved